Our Family is Complete

Friday, February 13, 2009
Posted by Katie


I'm sorry it has taken me a while to post. Morgan is a sweet baby but she is a marathon nurser and has had her nights and days mixed up. I think we are rounding the corner though. We've put her on a strict daytime nursing routine (every 2 hours) in hopes of her "filling up" during the day and sleeping longer at night...we shall see. Matt goes back to work on Tuesday so something has to give before then or we may be sleeping in seperate rooms.
Speaking of which. Matt has been a godsend. He has taken care of everything Casey needs. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in all of this. It's so much harder with the second one than the first one (plus I had a c-section this time). I love you Daddy!



Also, I've had a hard time focusing on things for very long, including email, phone calls, etc. so this has kept me from being very communicative. I'm starting to feel better though. My dr confirmed that I have been having some big hormonal swings based on my symptoms so I don't feel as crazy now.
I've included some of my favorite pics from the last 2 weeks and some of the unedited proofs of professional pics we had taken yesterday.

(I love this picture of us)



(Casey holding Morgan for the 1st time...while he's wearing HER new hat)


13 comments:

sarah said...

Great photos! I love the first one, of her sweet little head resting on the pillow.

Unknown said...

Love the pics!!! She is soo cute!

The Stutzman Family said...

OMG! I love her!!!!!!! She is precious and really does look like Casey's baby sister :)

Susan said...

Thank you for the post and photos. I had been dying to see more of Morgan, but I knew you had your hands more than full!!! I hope your plan works and you are able to get even a little bit more rest. Your family is complete--and beautiful! Can't wait to meet her in person.

Candy said...

What a sweetie pie! I think I will call her "rosebud". :}

Congrats everyone, see you in about 6 weeks.

Pam said...

My favorite is the first one also. But all are great. We are so happy for you guys, and we couldn't be happier either. You guys are taking great care of Casey and Morgan.

Kathy said...

Great pictures Katie. Maybe I will get to meet Morgan when I come down to Kevin's week after next.

Tricia said...

KATIE- I LOVE That first pic too....she look slike a stinkin' doll baby there...so adorable!

DM2003 said...

Katie, I love the new pics!! She is such a doll!

Amanda said...

Oh, Katie, those pictures are so precious! I love every single one of them! Do you think she looks like you or Matt? I can't tell just yet. Keep resting (as much as you can) and let me know when you're ready for visitors!

Unknown said...

Hi Katy,

She's so sweet! I love that last photo. Glad you are all healthy and doing well.

Paytans Mommy said...

Katie, Love ths pictues especially the first one and the one of Morgan and Casey!

Brian K said...

Congrats! Morgan is beautiful. Hope you are able to squeeze in some sleep.

Brian
TheLifeOfDad.com