Daddy time

Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Posted by Matt



Since Katie has been doing a great job taking care of Morgan, I've been put in charge of making sure Casey's needs are met. Especially since Katie can't really lift him, it's pretty hard for her to keep control of him, since he seems to be everywhere all at once lately. I'm trying to make the best out of this, so Casey and I have been doing everything together. I had to pick something up at my reserve unit yesterday, so he tagged along and got to see where daddy plays army. I also figured that since I'm off, I should get something done around the house that I'd been putting off. So today we set out for Home Depot, where we got some window caulk so I could try to seal out the ice cold drafts (not the good kind) that we get in the house around the windows. I also got his bath taken care of tonight, and snapped a picture after I got him dressed. Katie said that he cried for 10 minutes a couple days ago when I left him at home to go pick up some Dunkin Donuts, so I guess I've now become "his person". We'll see how long that lasts. When he's crying, he still goes to Katie for comforting, though...since he knows I usually just tell him to suck it up. By the way, Katie says she promises to post some new pictures of Morgan soon!

6 comments:

Katie said...

I told Matt that the title of the last picture should be, "what happens when Daddy is in charge of bathtime"!

No joke though, I could not handle this recovery if it weren't for Matt taking care of Casey. It's been so easy to just manage Morgan knowing that Casey is cared for and loving every minute of his Daddy time!!

Tricia said...

Absolutely adorable...MAtt you're doing great! I bet Casey is in heaven having all thi sextra special daddy time!

Pam said...

Daddy time is very important. I can see Casey getting closer to you Matt, he talks about you (and Mama) all the time when he is here. Great pictures too.

Anonymous said...

I swear I felt my heart expand in my chest when I saw these recent pictures and read your words. The four of you are the greatest!!

Candy said...

What happens with Daddy, stays with Daddy!
Thanks for taking care of the Hulme Four.
Love that hair do Casey Lee!

kevin said...

Sounds like you're Super Dad and Casey is loving every minute of it. The bath photo cracks me up!