The Bean - 32 Weeks

Friday, December 19, 2008
Posted by Katie

I had a dr apt last Monday and things are looking good. I had my first internal exam (blah) and I've had no dilation or anything, but that's good at this point. Also, my bp was slightly elevated (140/86) so I will be seeing the dr every 2 weeks instead of 3 now. Matt took it again at home last night and it was 124/84. I'm not too worried about the bp at this point. Oh, I've also gained about 20 lbs with this pregnancy too. That's right where the dr wants me. He's hoping for no more than 25 lbs gain (me too) and I have about 6 weeks left until I deliver, so I am right on track.

Also, we scheduled my c-section date for February 6th at 7 am at Good Sam hospital. If for any reason my bp does go high or I go into labor on my own, I could potentially deliver earlier than this.

Fetal development in pregnancy week 32:

In the latest womb reports, your amazing baby has now developed sensitivity to temperature! This means you’ll probably get a swift kick if you put a hot pad on your ginormous belly. For the Elton John lovers out there-- yes, baby’s got blue eyes. At this point, all babies do, although depending on their chromosomal disposition, this could easily change after birth (or even between now and labor), but for the time being, blue it is. Thanks to her recently matured lungs and a remarkably strong immune system, over 90% of babies born in their 32nd week, survive premature births. So it’s pretty much a done deal. Even if your little monkey’s planning on heading out early, her survival odds are in everyone’s favor.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, I can't believe you have only eight weeks to go. It goes SO fast when you aren't the one pregnant. :-)

Susan said...

I mean SIX weeks. Duh.

sarah said...

We can't wait to meet her!

Candy said...

See you in April! I will continue too guess her name, of 6 letters. I am thinkin' Maxine is a good one...:}