Great News

Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Posted by Katie

I passed my gestational diabetes test. Thanks to all the people who took the time to call or email and ask how it all went. I honestly did not think I would pass and neither did my dr. The baby is measuring a few weeks big and the test made me light headed and very flushed. The doctor actually told me he thought I would fail. Typically one would assume those symptoms were from high sugar. Most likely I was feeling the sugar drop and that's what made me feel ill. I also found out that my iron is good. I wasn't concerned about it, but apparently this is the time in pregnancy where a lot of women become iron deficient. My next appointment is December 15th and that's when I start seeing the dr more often and having more "thorough" exams. BLAH! We will also try to pick a date for my c-section at the next appointment. Woo hoo!

8 comments:

sarah said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. I can't imagine starting a diabetic diet and checking your sugar when you're 7 months pregnant. I'm glad your iron was good too.

Kathy said...

Good news Katie. I am so glad that "all is well".

jean said...

Yay! I know you were worried (dreading?) the test & results. Now you can eat tomorrow & at your reunion this weekend & not worry about it! Have a great weekend!

Susan said...

That IS great news! I know you're relieved! :-)

Unknown said...

Good news Katie! Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!

Pam said...

Glad everything went well. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner and trip to Pa.

Candy said...

Great news about the blood sugar!

Please tell me when and where that new picture on your blog was taken. It is absolutley great, the 3 of you doing the profile thing. LOVE IT! Can you get us a print of that? Thx.

Katie said...

You will have to wait and see, Candy!