Cute Casey

Monday, August 18, 2008
Posted by Katie

Casey has had some random moments lately that were quite endearing. For instance. He's really into dragging the swiffer around and chasing the pets with it. This morning he was "maneuvering" it and managed to get it airborne and sideways...as he tried to walk through a doorway. He landed flat on his little diapered butt. Hilarious!

Also, he is very into climbing stairs. He gets super excited as he climbs up the stairs in our house so he can see the dogs in their crates in our room. When he gets to the second to last stair, he just can't stand it anymore and he hikes his leg up really high to take that last two steps in one fell swoop.

Casey's latest obsession is putting things on his body. Just today he wore a dog leash, an ace bandage, his blanket, a Bengals sun visor (upside down and around his neck), and our favorite, my bra.

Last Thursday Casey and I went to the zoo with my friend Tricia. I usually wait to take my shower until Casey is napping but due to our schedule I had to quickly take one while he was out and about. I strategically placed the gates to keep him from the most danger and jumped in for a 3 minute shower. I kept the bathroom door shut because otherwise I would have emerged to find various items in the toilet and all the toilet paper unrolled. When I stepped out of the shower and opened the door, I found that Casey had drug a dining room chair into the hallway and placed himself in a perfect location to greet me.




Dad and Candy got me a cool red stool/stepstool for Christmas. I keep it in the kitchen and use it whenever I have to climb to get something on a high shelf. I also use it sometimes to take a seat while feeding Casey in his highchair. Apparently Casey thought it was ok for him to use it as well. Check out the look of guilt on his face as I snapped this picture.





And, finally, we have introduced the potty to Casey. We bought him a $1.50 potty from IKEA and we are basically just encouraging him to sit on it before baths. He had peed on the floor a few times while I was running his water and I thought that we may get an accidental pee in the potty that we could reward.

Sunday, after a full day of playing outside we took Casey in to the bathroom to get ready for his bath. He had just eaten toast with butter and jelly which was nicely distributed about his body. Also, the "tan lines" on his feet are really just dirt marks from where his sandals were. I can't help but be tickled by the fact that he has grasped the concept of sitting on the potty before his bath...almost. It helps to take the diaper and shorts off first.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics of Casey! I can't believe how much he looks like a "big boy"!! Total cutie pie! Good luck with the potty! We are getting ready to start the bath time tradition as well..we will see how it goes!

Anonymous said...

He's getting so big! And what appliance is he looking interested in, and how much splatter can it cause?! Luv, Laurie

Tricia said...

CUTE---okay...you motivated my rear....I'll email the zoo pics VERY SOON....

kevin said...

Nice. I'm sure when Casey grows up he will be really happy to see a picture of himself with his Mom's bra on his head...

sarah said...

What a little ragamuffin! Although this age seems challenging, I'm glad you're enjoying all the fun--and funny--moments too.

Candy said...

Hey Casey Lee! Keep up the good work, see you SOON.