Baby Baby

Thursday, August 21, 2008
Posted by Katie


Most of you already know, but Matt and I are expecting baby #2. We have been trying to wait until the right time to publicly announce our good news, but it seems like there is never a good time. This week we are anxiously awaiting the impending arrival of Baby Girl Whitman and the anticipation makes me even more excited for our little bundle of joy.


Our due date is 2/15/09. The kids will be approximately 22 months apart. Lord help me! We will find out in early October whether we are having a princess or another prince. Matt wants a girl, I want a boy. We will both be happy with whatever is brewing as neither of us really had much say in the matter. I do tease Matt though that this is one thing he can't blame on me, if it does happen to be a boy. The current picture is from our latest ultrasound taken on 8/11/08.


I will try to post a weekly blurb on what is going on with the baby. I found a pretty funny site that puts a humorous spin on baby development.


Fetal development in pregnancy week 14:


Isn’t it glorious? You and your little buckaroo have roped your way right into trimester numero dos! Are you ready to rock!? Okay, okay… maybe just a little rolling and poking. Needless to say, your baby will definitely be making themselves known in the upcoming weeks. At about 3.5 inches long, their little body and limber limbs are coordinated enough for loads of complicated motions. In fact, their whole body is moving right now! You're not feeling it because their current size is still a bit too small to make an impact you'd recognize. Still, their movements are recognizable on an ultrasound. Speaking of which, you should be scheduling one with your health care provider! Week 16 is the classic date as you can usually determine whether your little one is going to pee standing up or sitting down. Your baby is also starting to develop the ability to move their eyes this week, although the eyelids still remain fused shut. What's more, they can make all sorts of fun facial expressions as they practice squinting, frowning, and grimacing. Cute development of the week: their little hands can grasp at things and they may already be sucking their thumb!

8 comments:

Tricia said...

YOu said Baby Girl....and it took me a second to realize you were speaking of you rsis' baby....I KNOW YOu have a girl in there...I'm on Matt's team :) SO excited for you guys!

Susan said...

I'm voting "Girl," too. I want you to experience a little sassy-frass drama queen of your very own. :-) But a second boy would be grand, too, of course. Either way, CONGRATS!

Candy said...

Glad you are now telling the world, Pap and Gramma now have FOUR grandchildren!

You kids can slow down now although we do enjoy "Grandparenthood"!

Congrats to all of you.

Me and He

sarah said...

Of course you've known for months how happy we are for you, but congratulations officially!

Project Man said...

I'm with Matt! I vote GIRL! Congratulations to both of you.
~ Pap

Anonymous said...

Glad it's finally out in the open! Does this mean I can put it on my blog---again! (Afraid I posted before, causing Katie to go in and do some judicious editing!) While I would love a girl, I'm getting strong boy vibes.... Any healthy and happy one will be fine, however. Congratulations!

Mel said...

Congrats!! Casey will be a fabulous big brother!

Kathy said...

Congratulations Matt, Katie and Casey. I am happy for you that you will be adding a new member to the family. We are still anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Girl Whitman.