Can you say Giraffe?

Saturday, August 23, 2008
Posted by Katie


Casey and I went to the zoo with my friend Tricia and her kids (as I mentioned in a previous post). The Cincinnati Zoo has a new exhibit this Summer called Giraffe Ridge where you come face to face with Masai Giraffes. Basically you wait in line and are given a piece of vegetable (carrot or sweet potato) and IF the giraffe's are feeling hungry, they meander up to the platform so that you can feed them. Fortunately, 2 were feeding at the same time during our visit. Tricia snapped a few photos of Casey and I. Here's the best one. This is a free exhibit at the zoo and I recommend it to everyone who visits.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you can do that here at our zoo. Only the ones here come up over the fences so watch your hair b/c they will defnitely stick their tongue in it! eewww!

sarah said...

Very cute picture! I'm excited to check out the new giraffe exhibit.