I just needed 2 simple things...

Thursday, February 08, 2007
Posted by Matt

Ahh the customer service call centers of the world, paying bottom dollar for some outsourced employees from Pakistan that can't speak the language or understand it very well. Although, I'm sure if you called customer service FROM Pakistan...you'd be speaking to some guy in Kansas. Names have been changed to protect the stupid.

It went something like this, she said "Bank X customer service, this is Allah Akhbar, how can I assist you?" I replied, "I'd like to get my online account reset because I haven't used it in a while. I don't remember my password or pin number. I also need my account balance." Pause...she said, "How can i assist you?" "Uhh....I'd like to get my online account reset because I haven't used it in a while. I don't remember my password or pin number, and I also need my account balance." Long pause, "OK, so how can I help?" I'd had enough at that point, "You know what, just give me my account balance!"

Well I got my account balance and then she went on a scripted sales pitch about fraud and identity theft protection, she was pronouncing words wrong and stuttering...I must have said "I'm not interested" about four times, and she would just talk right over me. I wasn't paying much attention, but then I heard her say something to the affect of, "We'll be sending you the paperwork in the mail, and if you want to cancel the service, just call us back." I was like, "OK, how about you don't send me anything in the mail, because I'm not interested." She replied, "That's fine, it's your account, blah, blah, blah...." And then I just hung up...

2 comments:

Katie said...

That sounds like most of my tech support experience with India/Pakistan/(insert whichever foreign county applies here). That's hilarious though!!

sarah said...

How frustrating. I have so much anxiety at the mere thought of calling customer service. Hopefully, they don't sign you up for the theft prevention. Because it's damn near impossible to get it cancelled.