The Baby is Bathed...err...Showered!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Posted by Katie






I had the best baby shower on Sunday. Sarah and Mom threw it for me at Mom's house and Matt's mom was able to fly in and attend from Philly. We had a lot of fun and I got so much cool stuff. It was actually nice to get both things that were on my registry and things that weren't. Some of my favorite items were my Froggy bathtime organizer, all my bath stuff, my homeade gifts from Gramma Candy and Grandma Pam, and the firefighter clock. Matt was most impressed with the "Piddlers"; they are targets you put in the toilet that are flushable and used for potty training. The food was great, and the cake was perfect to fit Sarah's building block theme. She used kids wooden blocks to spell out all the different areas. Like for the food table, it said EAT. For the drinks it said DRINK, etc, etc. Also she played a really fun homeade game called "M or K". Each person had to read over a list that had things that either Matt or I had done as a kid and guess whether it was "M or K!" My boss won the game. I guess I talk a lot about my home life at work. I'll post some pictures on here of the event.






Baby update - I had an ultrasound yesterday. The baby is measuring big...like 5.5 pounds with 8 weeks to go. My doctor is having me do a 3 hour gestational diabetes test on 3/9 followed by my 34 week OB appointment on 3/12. I will know more about a game plan after that. I do have a scheduled induction date of 4/10 as long as there are no problems that make me deliver sooner, such as gestational diabetes.



4 comments:

Candy said...

Oh Katie, you KNOW Gramma Candy wishes she had been there! Sounds like a great time, and I know you loved opening all the gifts and I can hear your giggle!

See you in April/May, can't wait to get a hold of that "big" guy.

P.S. I am glad you like your homemade baby towel and wash cloth.

Kathy said...

Katie, Looks like you had a great time and what a spread! Sarah really knows how to put on a party.
Sounds like you got some lovely gifts. Good luck.

Project Man said...

I am glad you had a fun and exciting shower. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures!

Anonymous said...

I still wish I could've been there! Looks like a good time!