A Month of Purchases

Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Posted by Katie

Well, as most of you know, Matt has been put on alert for mobilization. Since it appears that this is really going to happen, we are gearing up, so to speak. Between February 9th and March 9th we made 3 big purchases.

The first purchase was a brand new Dodge Caliber. Matt's previous car, a Mazda 3, was a stick and I couldn't drive it. Plus this car is a bit roomier in the back seat allowing for a better fit for a car seat.

The second purchase was a new digital camera for Matt. We bought our current digital camera in November 2003 while deployed to Iraq. It still produces good pictures, but it's bulky by comparison to newer models. Matt opted for another Sony that will fit nicely in his pocket while cruising the streets of Iraq.


The third, and hopefully final, big purchase was a mini-dvd camcorder. We again chose SONY because I am somewhat used to their interface making it easy for me to learn to use. I will be able to record onto the mini dvd disks and upload the videos right to our desktop computer. Then I can burn them onto regular sized dvds to send to Matt and the grandparents. Matt has already informed me that there should be a new video in each care package I send. We will see how this goes...I might be a little busy.

2 comments:

Project Man said...

WOW ~ cool stuff you guys! I like all three items. I especially like the color of the "Caliber".

Katie said...

Matt affectionately refers to it as "Who Dey" orange!