Telephone Survey

Saturday, March 25, 2006
Posted by Katie

So the other night the phone rings, I answer, and there is a man on the line. He asks if I have a few minutes to participate in a consumer survey. Since I am unable to hang up on people, I say, "sure." He proceeds to ask me what brand of lingerie and undergarments I usually wear. I sit there in silence and he gives me examples of Hanes and Bali. Not knowing what to say, I tell him that I do not know. His second question is where I usually buy lingerie. Once again, gives me examples of department stores and Victoria's Secret. At this point I get really suspicious and ask him to remind me which market research firm he is with. He replies, "just a market research group." I told him I wasn't comfortable talking to him and hung up.

It was really creepy!

3 comments:

Matt said...

How come nobody ever calls and asks me about MY unmentionables?

Anonymous said...

That is just plain weird, Katie! It makes you wonder if he was out on your street watching while you answered. Bleck!

P.S. I can't hang up on anyone, either. It drives Steve CRAZY. I have gotten sucked into some 30-minute surveys before...

sarah said...

That's really creepy. I like doing little phone surveys if they don't take too long, but I would have hung up on him too!