Long, Busy week

Monday, February 27, 2006
Posted by Katie

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I thought I would give a little synopsis of everything that has been going on this week.

Tuesday I had my Leep procedure done. It didn't go great, but it's over so that is good. I will get pathology reports and have a checkup on Wednesday this week. I'll post more when I know more.

Wednesday I stayed home from work, mostly to recover from the stress of Tuesday.

Thursday I went back to work and found out that our flex time is being taken away. They wanted us to take a mandatory HOUR lunch each day (unpaid) and work from 8:00 to 5:00 but we all had a fit, so the half hour lunch was agreed upon with set hours of 8:00 to 4:30. Needless to say, we are all pissed off. We used to have 2 people that arrived at 7 and left at 3:30 and 2 that arrived at 9 and left at 5:30. We thought this was good, because we covered more hours. So, basically, everyone has to change their schedules.
Also, on Thursday, my friend Kamala and I went to Shadowbox Cabaret at Newport on the Levee to see the show. It was really good. We almost didn't make it in time though, because our trusty president was in town fundraising and chose to take his motorcade down one of the 2 highways in Cincinnati at rush hour. It took us 1.5 hours to make what is usually a 30 minute commute.

Friday night I chilled at home and studied for my English class.

Saturday I went to class at 9 am until 10:30. It was pretty uneventful. I turned in my paper. I'll get it back next Saturday. Next I went to Jungle Jim's in Fairfield for a
HART adoptathon. We had a banner 11 adoptions. It was a great day, even though it was super windy. I rushed home from there, and got ready to go out to dinner with Matt Hulme, Sarah and Kevin, and Matt and Amanda Hood. We ate at Pompillios in Newport. The restaurant is the location from Rainman where Dustin Hoffman's character counts all the tootpicks on the floor. Dinner was good, but the place was crowded. We finished off the night with a play at the Stained Glass Theater in Newport. One of Kevin's tellers was in the show. It was a really funny show about fraud and the IRS.

Sunday was laid back and typical. Took Snickers to class in the am. I spent most of the rest of the day doing chores and relaxing. I fixed a homemade pizza for dinner (YUM) and Matt and I watched Four Brothers. It was a decent story, but mostly it was nice to spend some time with Matt.

So, that is my week in a nutshell. Sorry it was so long, but each thing seemed too insignificant to write about seperately.

3 comments:

Project Man said...

Well Katie ~ one could never accuse you of living a boring life. We will all be anxious to hear the results of your Leep. I hate it that you are losing your flex schedule. Generally (but not always) management eliminates flex because a few abuse the rules. Keep us frequently updated.....

Katie said...

It's more of a power play issue on behalf of the person that holds our contract. When she runs out of things to complain about (because we are that good) she nit picks. This is the latest power struggle.

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie,
Did you ever e-mail me that paper? If you did, I never got it. I'd still very much like to read it, if you don't mind...?

And, yes, sorry about the flextime. I think if you guys ride this out, they might end up reversing the decision. It will just take some time (and aggravation for all of the employees!).