PBS Cartoons are educational

Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Posted by Katie


I recently watched an episode of Sid the Science Kid with Casey where the show centered around measurement. The teacher was showing the kids how to develop non-standard units of measurement. For instance, the teacher used one of the kids to measure the length of the room. Also a shoe was used to measure a bookcase.


You might wonder where I am going with this. Today was Libby's first day back here, and I found myself using the kids as my non-standard measurement.


Morgan weighs approx 10 lbs

Libby weighs approx 15 lbs

Casey weighs approx 30 lbs


So,

1 Libby = 1.5 Morgans

2 Libbys = 1 Casey

1 Libby = .5 Caseys

3 Morgans = 1 Casey


I'll let you know if I have any other educational advancements from my PBS viewing.

4 comments:

sarah said...

You're pretty funny on your first day back at work! I hope you're not too exhausted yet. Sounds like a cool show.

Kathy said...

Hope all goes well on your first day back. Kids are great!!

Tricia said...

When babies sleep aren't you supposed to relax...instead you'r eupdating us on your learning....

FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!
Maybe I can use those measurements for IDENTIFICATION purposes!!! Your friendly "inept investigator".