Mama is so proud

Thursday, January 22, 2009
Posted by Katie



Casey has a new found love of organization. I would like to think that this is a trait I am nurturing and growing in him, but I think in reality it's pretty hard wired. We have recently invested in a bookcase/toy storage unit for his room and all his belongings have very specific "homes". He's really getting good at helping me clean up and put all his stuff in the proper places. Don't get me wrong, he can still be a menace with his toys, dumping entire containers on the floor just for kicks.

Aside from that I often find him categorizing and organizing his various toys. Sometimes all the cars are lined up in the window. Sometimes they are all stuffed into his little people house. Speaking of little people, he really surprised me yesterday when he staged all his people around the house. He is very proud of this, as you can see.


I know the pictures are almost exactly the same, but it cracks me up that you can see his HUGE grin past his pacifier.

8 comments:

jean said...

How cute is he?! And it's obvious that he is SO proud of himself. And the time he spent doing that was time that you didn't have to entertain him (BONUS!).

Susan said...

I love it! And I tend to agree with you that it's mostly hard wired. I don't think my brother ever did "organizing" games as a kid, and he still isn't into it now. I'm sure Sarah didn't, either. HA!

Unknown said...

love this! he did so good lining them all up!

Candy said...

Good job Casey Lee! You did a good job.

Project Man said...

Is that what Little People look like now? How cute!

sarah said...

Aunt Sarah is so proud!

Mel said...

Do you think he can teach Maddie how to organize her little people like that :) They are all supposed to go back in the same basket....somehow they are always in my purse, under the table, under the bed..... :)

Pam said...

That's so Casey. He's been doing that at my house too.