Birthday and Boy Day

Sunday, August 26, 2007
Posted by Katie



BIRTHDAY
************

Yesterday was my 27th birthday. I was so blessed to get to spend time with my family and for all my wonderful gifts. I shall try to list the bulk of them:

Mom got me new clothes (she gave them to me early so I would have them to wear when Matt was home on leave)
Dad and Candy gave me a new purse, jewelry and various other little treasures
Art and Pam gave me an assortment of Burt's Bees products
Sarah and Kevin gave me a brand new digital camera (expect lots of pictures)
Kamala and Cindy (co-workers) sent me a bouquet of daisies
And Matt sent me a birthday cake made of flowers, chocolates, a balloon and teddy bear.


Sarah and Kevin came over yesterday morning and Kevin babysat (again) while Sarah and I went to lunch at Deweys pizza and to see The Nanny Diaries. The movie was really good (although not as good as the book, movies never are) And it was great to have "sister time" two weeks in a row.

When I arrived home to the smell of fresh baked cookies (more later on this) there were 2 deliveries on my table. One was the flowers from my co-workers and the other an assortment of gifts from Matt. I have never seen a cooler flower arrangement than the birthday cake flowers. They even came in a cake box. Casey took the teddy bear which I later named "Bobby".

A few hours later Mom arrived and watched Casey while I rented movies and picked up Outback for dinner. We watched Miss Potter, a surprisingly good little sleeper movie about the life of Beatrix Potter.

BOY DAY
**********

Yesterday morning Art came over and took Casey on a walk. He does this pretty regularly when it's not 100 degrees here. He would do it in 100 degree weather too if I would let him!


Also, Casey got to spend the second Saturday in a row with Uncle Kevin. Not only did they play and hang out, but Kevin managed to bake cookies and make a side item to take to a party. He put me to shame, because I am never that productive when Casey is napping.


Thirdly, Casey got his new stuffed friend, Bobby bear, yesterday. He really likes him!!



MATT UPDATE
****************

Matt is still in Kuwait. He says that it's really hot (but then again he hasn't been in Ohio) and that everything is a good distance away. He have talked 3 times since he arrived there, and we are text messaging every day. I can send him as many text messages as I want for free and each one he sends me is $.50. So, it is an effective means of communication. He has been able to check his email but has to pay to be on the Internet right now, so please refrain from sending anything until he is settled in Iraq. I will post more once his unit moves North to Iraq.


RECAP
********

All in all I had a great birthday despite the fact I couldn't share it with Matt. I appreciate all the effort everyone put in to make it special!!


5 comments:

Candy said...

Katie, you are so loved!
Looks like you had a fantastic birthday, you deserve it!
Enjoy your flowers and gifts, and of course the munchkin man, you are a good mama, to share your gifts with Casey Lee!

See ya'll in a month!

Happy Birthday again.

Anonymous said...

cpsrHappy Birthday Katie!
Melissa & Maddie

Kathy said...

Katie, I am glad you had such a great birthday. I am sure Kevin really enjoyed watching Casey. It was good that you and Sarah were able to spend some time together alone too. Happy Birthday.

Unknown said...

Hi Katie! Happy Birthday a few days late. It sounds like a really good one. Hey, you are really good at the name game. It was a tough one for me. Joan

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You definitely had one awesome celebration, and you are extremely lucky to have so many family members nearby to help out with your little one. I am MEGA jealous...