Not a Lot to Say

Sunday, June 03, 2007
Posted by Katie




I don't have much to say. Things have been ok since Matt left on the 25th. I've gotten a lot of help from Mom (Nonny) and Auntie Sarah and Uncle Kevin. Matt is doing ok in Wisconsin, they are just working them to death. They get up at about 4:30 and the morning and aren't done for the day until 9 or 10 at night. It's really starting to wear them down.




We had a rain storm that brought 10 -15 minutes of pea size hail and torrential rain. Matt had planted grass seed last fall and all the straw along with tons of dirt and crud washed into my garage and left me with some flooding this weekend. I spent a few hours cleaning up the garage and digging sludge out of my sump pump with my bare hands. Sarah and Kevin were here when I discovered the mess and they stayed to help for about a half hour. When they went home they realized they and not fared as well as we had. They came home to 3 inches of water in their whole basement. YUCK!! I felt pretty sorry for myself until I heard what they were dealing with.




Casey is doing well, just eating, sleeping, pooping, cooing and smiling. Here are some pictures:


2 comments:

Kathy said...

I hadn't heard about the water in the basement yet. What a mess for all of you. We are thinking about you and Casey. Take care of yourself.

Project Man said...

Darn Kate ~ when it rains it pours. Give Matt our best. Sorry Kaneke and I couldn't be there this weekend to help with the mess at the Hulme and Whitman homes.