I'm so bad!

Monday, June 25, 2007
Posted by Katie

It has been way too long since I posted. I keep thinking of things I want to talk about and realize this is going to be so lengthy. I will try to summarize.



Casey made his first flight out to visit Gramma Candy and Pap in Flagstaff, AZ. He did really well on the plane. The first flight was very crowded so I was tired from holding him, but the flight home we had a row of 3 seats just for us. I look like crap, but here is the picture:





We also took a 4 generation picture because Grandma Marie was in AZ visiting at the same time:



Casey also had his 2 month checkup. He is huge for his age. Here are his stats:


Weight 15 lbs 2 ozs (90-95th percentile for his age)


Height 24 inches (55-70th percentile for his age)


The doctor says that you don't put babies on diets and that he just stores fat. He comes by it naturally, let me tell you. We may start him on cereal earlier than most babies because it will fill him up and has less fat than straight formula.


Casey had his first swim party last week at Mom's friend Ruby's house. It was a ton of fun. Casey loved it. He wasn't wild about the sun being in his eyes but once we got a hat and sunglasses on him, he was set. I have some videos of the event that I will try to post on here if I can figure out how. Here are some other new random photos of Casey:


Casey in his swaddle blanket





Casey with his faux hawk hair style (this happened naturally)







7 comments:

Candy said...

Oh Casey Lee.....I want to nuzzle your chins and kiss those sweet cheeks!
Can't wait to see you again sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Katie. I've been dying to see some pics and read an update, but I fully understand how busy life is with an infant! So, thanks!

P.S. How cute is he!? And those chubby cheeks!? I love 'em!!!

Anonymous said...

Also, since I can never remember height or weight stats after the fact, I looked up Katie's two-month stats on her site, just to see if Casey is bigger than she was.

* * *

Katie had her two-month appointment this morning...She is now 22 1/2 inches long and weighs 10 pounds, 9 ounces (no wonder my shoulder is sore all the time!). That means she's still hanging out in the 50th percentile.

* * *

And to think *I* was complaining about my shoulder! :)

Kathy said...

Katie, I like the picture of you on the plane. He really is growing!! Maybe he will be tall like his Uncle Kevin. Hope I can see him in person soon.

sarah said...

I love the picture of Casey wrapped up like a burrito, in awe of his mobile!

Katie said...

Yeah, since Casey sleep on his stomach he never sees his mobile. Since his newest obsession is ceiling fans, I've started putting him in his crib just to sit and goo and gaa at the mobile.

Candy said...

He loved watching the ceiling fans at our house......whether they were on or off!

Give that "burrito boy" a hug!