Casey is saying..."Daddy, why haven't you blogged?"

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Posted by Matt



Yes, I know...it's been a while since I've posted on this thing. As Katie's post described, I've been dealing with the whole "new daddy" thing PLUS trying to be attentive to Katie's needs as well. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. I'm posting at almost one in the morning because (as usual), Casey is awake and fussing. It probably didn't help that I gave him a touch of the cold that I was fighting off.


Anyway, Sarah and Kevin were generous enough to watch the baby for us this evening so we could go out and have a nice dinner...so we went to TGI Fridays...hey, we had a gift certificate. It's not upscale, but who needs Wolfgang Puck's when you're sleep deprived and just as cranky as the little one you're supposed to be caring for.


Lets talk about me...not much going on in my little world other than the Army, work, and home life. Luckily, I was able to get out of going to the stupid combat engineer school for my reserve unit. If I do go back to Iraq, at least I had an extra two weeks at home that I could spend with my family rather than learning how to build stuff and then blow it up.


Well this post went longer than originally anticipated, partially because Casey is remarkably quiet, and I'd like to keep him that way. Hopefully Katie will post again soon, because I've run out of things to say for the moment...but then again, maybe that is just the lack of sleep talking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new baby. We can't wait to meet Casey. I can't believe all that Katie has been through but I hope the worst is over and she can get to feeling better. Good news that you don't have leave right away. If there is anything we can do to help you and Katie out, please let us know or call Kevin and he can get a message to use.
Lynn Greg & Jon Gelhausen

sarah said...

I love the photos Matt! Sorry Casey was a dream for us and is still fussy for you! I hope you're both feeling better soon.

Kathy said...

Casey is growing so fast. I love that head of hair!! Hope to meet him soon.

Candy said...

Gramma says, no more growing until we get there!

Sleep will come you two, until he is 16, and out with YOUR car, (or perhaps one of his own!)
Every siren you hear, you pray that it is not your child, you will lay awake and remember, haven't we already done this?

Project Man said...

That Casey Lee is one smart baby! Us long distance voyeurs rely on the blog for frequent updates w/pictures!

Thanks Casey Lee for reminding your Daddy!