GO BLUE TEAM!!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Posted by Katie

Well, we went to the Dr today for an ultrasound and checkup. The ultrasound was supposed to only check my anatomy, but after some sweet talking, our ultrasound tech was happy to check out specifics on the baby for us. It was incredible. We actually saw a baby instead of a blob with a heartbeat like before. She scanned the baby. Matt pointed out obvious things like, "hey, is that a head?" The tech checked the heartbeat (162 bpm) and showed us the little hands and stuff. Then, based on the fact that I though the baby was laying on it's back, I said, "well, I guess you can't tell what we're having." And she said, "sure, let me check!" Apparantly it was on it's side looking at us. So much for me making fun of Matt. And.......we got to see his wee willy winky. It's a BOY!!! We are super excited. Tonight we are going to go register at Babies R Us. We'll also be registering at Target, but I can't ask too much of Matt in one night. Other news includes the fact that I am still at a negative 8 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I am told this is perfectly fine and that the fact I was a little (HA) overweight to start with means that I only need to gain about 15 total. I figure starting in the negatives is good. I get to go back in 3 weeks 2 days for the fetal scan ultrasound which is a much longer one where they measure everything on the baby. I'll post pictures once we are able to get them in a format that will load on here. Yippee!!

2 comments:

Project Man said...

Congratulations Katie and Matt! We are excited about the good news. Take good care of that little boy!

Anonymous said...

I wish *I* was 8 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight! LOL

In all seriousness, CONGRATS! I know you're both thrilled. :-)