So I'm bad at this...What can I say?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Posted by Katie

I've gotten really lax about keeping up with this blog. I realized yesterday that I haven't posted since the beginning of August. I'll do a quick recap.

In late August I went to PA for a few days to help take care of my friend Laurie after she had her second round of heartsurgery. At the same time Art and Pam were in town to see Matt. I ended up coming home a few days early and got the chance to see them. My 26th birthday came and went without much fanfare. Labor Day was great. I didn' t do anything, that's what made it great. On September 5th Sarah, Kevin, Matt and I all went and saw Cirque du Soleil Quidam. It was amazing. It was a traveling show housed in a tent erected along the Ohio river. If you have never seen a Cirque show, you are really missing out. It definitely something worth forking $ out for once in your life. This was in fact the second Cirque show Matt and I had seen. We saw one in Vegas the night after we got married.

Matt has been taking police tests at various places. More than anything he is getting some experience with civil service tests and the oral board interview process. It can be a bit overwhelming if you are not familiar with it all. The process is somewhat similar to what he had to go through to get the 911 position, but still nerve racking.

Dad and C and coming to town this weekend to see the Bengals vs Browns home opener. We are pretty psyched. The weather forecast is 85 and sunny...not exactly prime football weather, but is beat 10 below zero. I'm sure Dad will post about it all when he gets home, so stay tooned to Chronicles of Cornville for the recap.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hope you have a great weekend with your Dad and Candy. We are going to miss them by a day. They are leaving Tuesday and we will be coming down on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recap, Katie. I'd been wondering what you guys were up to. (But, I have to admit, re-reading Matt's "Criminal Mind" post isn't exactly torturuous. It cracks me up every time!)