No Screw-Ups, Just Happy Mistakes

Saturday, August 05, 2006
Posted by Katie

Last night I went to my first painting class. For those of you who don't know about my artistic abilities (or lack there of) I did not take one art class in school after 6th grade, and once had a full on melt down after Thanksgiving dinner when someone mocked my drawing of a monkey while playing Cranium. All that being said, a friend from the rescue group I volunteer with coerced me into taking this class. She assured me that I would not need any god given talent and guaranteed that I would walk out of the two and a half hour class with a picture that I would proudly display on my wall. Being the skeptic I am, I signed up knowing that I would prove her wrong...but was pleasantly surprised. The guy who taught the class was a certified Bob Ross painting instructor. He managed to use Bob Ross teminology without coming off cheesy. This is something else I would never have believed had I not witnessed it for myself. Below is my painting. I took the picture with my cell phone, so it really doesn't do the painting justice. My friend organizes this class once a month, so I'm pretty sure I will be back for more happy mistakes.


5 comments:

Project Man said...

AWESOME You Rock Katie

kevin said...

I like your happy trees!!!!

sarah said...

That's so great Katie. I never would have believed it either until I saw if for myself!

Anonymous said...

You really painted that?!

I could never do that.

Nice work!

Kathy said...

Katie, I am so impressed. You did a great job. I could never have done that. I went to a (ribbon)bow making class once, they said anyone can make a good bow. After me they said well "most people" can make a good bow!! My sister got all the artistic talent in our family.