Texas Hold'em...Hulme Style!

Sunday, April 09, 2006
Posted by Matt

I competed in my first big Texas Hold'em tourney on Saturday night. I have to say, I was impressed with how well I did. I'd only played one live game prior to this one, and that in that game I was out in about 45 minutes. I must have had my mojo working at the FOP Lodge (where the tourney was held) cause I made it to the final table. I was the first OFF the final table...but nevermind that. I finished 9th out of 42 people. Not bad for only my second time playing. Everyone started with $1,500 in chips, and at one point I had over $12,000. First place took about an $850 purse, so I was really gunning for that. There's always next time, and I'll be ready...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Matt! Steve and I went to an Autism benefit on Saturday night, where we played some Blackjack. We started with $50 in chips and our peak was about $300... nowhere near $12K!

And, no matter how many times it's explained to me, I just don't understand Texas Hold 'Em. I'm glad you were able to grasp it so fast.

kevin said...

That's awesome! I've never played before. We'll need to all get together and you can teach us your Hold 'Em skills!

Project Man said...

I have always done best at "Liars Poker"......