College Life (later than expected)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Posted by Katie

Matt and I are both going to be starting Cincinnati State this term. I will be taking courses towards an associates degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (sonogram tech) and Matt will be working towards an associates degree in nursing (RN). Fortunately I will be taking 2 of my classes online and only 1 at the school on Saturday mornings, but Matt will be attending classes 4 days a week on campus. This is going to be really hard on him considering his already jam packed schedule. Some days he will practically go straight from working a 12 hour night shift at the 911 center to classes. But, he wants to do it and one thing I can say about Matt is that he has a really strong work ethic. When he sets his mind to something, he follows through. I look forward to venting about the expected, and unexpected trials and tribulations of adult education. I'm sure it is going to be a huge learning experience (outside of the classroom) for both of us.

3 comments:

Project Man said...

Katie, Matt ~ and all of you advanced education groupies..... I admire each of you. I have gone through life wishing that I had a formal degreed education beyond high school. You all ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you on going back to college. It won't be easy balancing work, school, home, marriage, pets, etc... but it WILL be worth it! Hard work pays off! :-)

Katie said...

Thanks Susan. I am intentionally taking out loans that require me to take at least 6 credits (half time) to motivate me to stick with it. I think it will really help me push forward, instead of taking off every other term.