Plurals

Thursday, September 03, 2009
Posted by Katie

I am continually amazed at what a sponge Casey is. This is especially true of language. He can already talk in complete sentences (when he chooses), name all the letters of the alphabet and identify what sound each letter makes. But Casey's most recent discovery is "plurals". He is struggling with this a little bit even though he is rather confident that he's not.

On my birthday we were in the car on the way out to dinner. All the sudden Casey starts saying, "flagus, flagus flagus." Matt and I were at a loss for what he was talking about. Finally we realized he was pointing to banners hanging from street lamps down the side of the road. We corrected him and told him they were "Flags" not "Flag-us". In fact, I've had a few arguments with him about it lately. He is adamant that there are a lot of Truck-us on the street. I tell him they are called Trucks and he says, "NO! Truck-us Mommy!"

Despite this little hiccup, I'm pretty impressed with his development!

0 comments: