Libby Lou is in the House

Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Posted by Katie

Last week I started babysitting Libby. She will typically be with me Tues - Fri and Sarah will have Mondays off. Pam is keeping Casey for me on Mondays so that I can still run errands, have dr appointments, and clean. I'm pretty much housebound while Libs is here and will be even more so once Babygirl Hulme arrives in February.



Casey's adjustment to having Libby here has been good but a little bumpy. I really didn't anticipate him being jealous but he is. For instance, while giving Libby her bottle on Thursday, Casey insisted upon sitting in my lap and having me read him a book. Now, I read him books all day long, but he is a busy kid and never wants to commit to SITTING in my lap while I read. He usually stands next to the couch while I read upside down. On top of that, he didn't like it that she was sitting on my left side, so I had to somehow jostle her around to the other side while he climbed into his favorite spot on my lap. I guess this is a good adjustment for both of us.

He does like to help with Libby though. Sometimes while she is in the swing or I am holding her, he will pick up her receiving blanket and bring it over and cover her up. It's very sweet. He also likes to help me burp her. I'm not sure if this is because he is being helpful or delighted he gets to whack on her back. The only time he isn't gentle with her is when he is pointing out her body features. He likes to touch our noses or ears and have us identify what he is touching, even though he already knows. When he touches eyes he tends to about poke them out. We've had a few close calls with Libby but she wails and he cries cause he thinks he hurt her and then he leaves her alone for a while.
One thing that I was worried about, but that has been a non-issue so far is the bottle. Casey was down to one bottle a day (bedtime) for the past few months and we finally took it away at the beginning of October. He didn't have any problems with the transition, but I was afraid that with Libby getting 2-3 bottles a day that he might regress. He has looked at the bottle a few times, but never even tried to pick it up. Whew!
I'm attaching some of the cute pics I've taken of them in the past week. Check out Casey trying to use the Bumbo...jealous much?

7 comments:

Pam said...

Very cute pictures. He is going to be a great big brother to his baby sister.

Tricia said...

ADorable...Tommy pokes out iiiii-aaaaahhhhs too :)

Kathy said...

Cute pictures Katie. I am jealous too. I would love to be able to take care of Libby. Thank you so much for being their for her and Kevin & Sarah.

Mel said...

SO CUTE! As soon as I get Sydney out of the Bumbo chair, Maddie almost always climbs right in!

sarah said...

Thanks for all the photos! I'm glad Casey is doing well overall. He's a good little big brother in training.

Unknown said...

she is so cute!

Susan said...

Great photos. Libby will be poking back in no time!