A Man of Many Hats

Sunday, October 26, 2008
Posted by Katie





Casey has really gotten into "dress up". He doesn't wear different clothes, but loves to drape things around his neck and wear hats.

It all started with an orange strap from Matt's Bengals lunchbox. Matt didn't need the shoulder strap so we unhooked it and gave it to Casey. He loves to wear it around his neck. Then, a few weeks later while Matt and I were at a Bengals game, Casey got a hold of some of my spirit beads that I had decided not to wear. We never got those back from him. Recently, at an animal rescue charity dinner, we won a door prize that included a cheap cat leash. Casey has taken it for his own too, and wears it around his neck.

Over the summer, we went to a Reds game with Nonnie and she left a white sun visor in our car. Casey found it, and like to put it on and off. Then he found a floppy blue fisherman style hat that we had bought him for sunny days. Of course, he refuses to use it outside, but loves to "wear" it in the house. Due to his interest in hats, I picked him up some really nice Halloween hats at the Gap outlet for 49 cents each. He got a fire chief helmet and a pirate hat. I've included pictures of most of the hats, as well as the variety of ways he adorns them.

1 comments:

sarah said...

Casey kept bringing me Libby's hat when I was holding her while babysitting him today!