Books a Many

Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Posted by Katie

Casey and I came home from a shopping trip last week to find a huge package at our door. Upon further review, it was from KY Gran. KY Gran is Katie Fanelli's grandmother. She is a retired school teacher and recently noticed a book that she owned on Casey's wishlist. She told Susan, *Katie's mom, to ask me if I was interested in a used copy. If KY Gran saw the abuse/love that books take here she would have known that used is fine. I had totally forgotten about the conversation and was pleasantly surprised when the package arrived. Not only was the book in the box, but it was FULL of other books for Casey. He is just enthralled with them. In particular, there is a book called 100 Trucks that he LOVES. I on the other hand, I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about trucks. There are literally just pages and pages of trucks, tractors and other vehicles. She also included a Rainbow Fish themed hot chocolate mug, a game, and a 4 pack of flannel receiving blankets for baby #2. Thanks so much to KY Gran for all the books. They will be loved for years to come.


Also, since I was posting about books, I thought I would take an opportunity to post some pics of Casey "reading". He goes through phases but some days he will read for extended periods of time on the floor all by himself. As you can see, he is really amused with his selection on this particular day.




* By the way, Susan, how do you feel about being referred to as Katie Fanelli's mom instead of Sarah's college roommate or our PA friends?

4 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, wow, it looks like Casey cleaned up! :-) I'm glad to hear he's enjoying all his new literature. And, I definitely don't mind being known as "Katie Fanelli's mom"!

Kathy said...

Looks like he won't get tired of his selection of books for a long time. Both of my boys loved books and being read to. I loved reading to them and now I can read to their children. And they read to me-full circle.

Tricia said...

ah....surprise boxes are FUN! So sweet.

sarah said...

That KY Gran is pretty great!