Now Introducing...My New Bike!

Friday, June 27, 2008
Posted by Matt



I thought I'd blog about my bike, since some of you haven't even seen it yet. I'll include a before and after picture, since It has already had some work done. Katie got me new, more comfortable grips for father's day, and I installed them that morning. I had bought new exhaust pipes and a high performance air filter when I got the bike, but the dealer had to order them before they could put them on. When they came in, I rode the bike up to the dealer a couple weeks ago to have them installed, but they had ordered the wrong hypercharger (air filter), and had to go back and order the right one. It came in on Tuesday, and I brought the bike in that day to have it worked on. To make up for their snafu, they got my bike done by Wednesday night, and I picked it up on Thursday. The bike is now wonderfully loud, the way a cruiser is supposed to be. It isn't obnoxious, but sounds powerful and "mean", which is what I was going for. You have to look close at the pictures to tell the differences, but that is the beauty of it, they are subtle. I also ordered a "sissy bar" on eBay for the passenger seat, which I received on Thursday, and installed as soon as I brought the bike home from the dealership. I also ordered a bag that straps to that backrest, which will allow me to take small items with me to work (like lunch and a change of clothes, etc). I also uploaded a video so you all can hear and see the finished product. On a related note, my parents bought me the riding boots I had wanted, which I have only used a couple times, but seem to be perfect. Right now, I am done accessorizing the bike, since everything is so expensive for it, but my wish list has plenty of great gift ideas for birthdays and Christmas, etc. We are leaving for our cruise tomorrow, so the bike will get a much deserved rest (she already has almost 800 miles on her).

2 comments:

Project Man said...

OK Matt ~ you sold me! The difference is amazing. Very nice sound and you can actually hear the thump-thump-thump. Good idea to back off now on additional mods ~ enjoy what you have dome already and wait for the inspiration. You have done a very nice job Matt! I am impressed and can't wait to see it in person next month.

sarah said...

Nice bike, Matt. I hope you have fun riding it this summer!