Mama Always Said, "Ain't Nuthin' Free!"

Friday, May 16, 2008
Posted by Katie

Yesterday Dunkin Donuts was giving away free iced coffee from 10am to 10pm. So, after a trip to Target Casey and I drove to our nearest dunkin donuts (we probably spent as much in gas as the coffee normally costs). Anyway, when we got to D&D I felt guilty about JUST getting the free coffee, so I pulled through the drive through and ordered 3 bagels. I had a dialogue with the coffee barista (if you can call them that at D&D) about pink sweetener, paid and left. Half way home, while sipping my FREE iced coffee, I realized I didn't have my bagels. I paid $2.84 for a $2.67 iced coffee. Sigh!

3 comments:

Project Man said...

That is so funny Katie. You will be their postergirl as the person who fits squarely in the middle of their marketing standard. Add the wear and tear of your vehicle, insurance, gas, oil ~ and that giveaway cost you $5.00.....

Funny story Kate!

Tricia said...

thanks for the chuckle...silly girl...I'm with you...I once went into Krispy Kreme for one donut....that day they we're giving everbody a donut, hot I might add when they walked in...I couldn't just walk out :)

Susan said...

LOLOLOL... At least you kept your sense of humor. I would have been SO annoyed!