Relearning Middle School Math...

Monday, February 06, 2006
Posted by Matt

Well, lucky for me, I have a firm grasp of some of the more basic parts of math. Today we learned that if you have 104,893 apples, and you wanted to round it up to the nearest thousand apples, it'd be 105,000 apples. Whew, glad I studied. Coming off of a 12 hour overnight shift and going straight into a math class that taught me that 2 is what's called an "even number" was about enough to make me want to revert back to my high school days of "enter room, sit, head on desk, sleep..." I'm hoping my classes tomorrow will better put me in the college spirit of learning.

Work has been fairly busy, with a fatal pedestrian struck accident the other night, and having the paramedics on one of our rescue squads threatened with a shotgun last night. Otherwise it's just been the normal morons getting arrested for being stupid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Don't forget to pack your lunch, and tie your shoes before class. lol, jk. Sounds like you will be at the top of your math class!! you go boy!! lol

sarah said...

You're cracking me up Matt! Let me know if you need any help when you start long division. ;-P

kevin said...

That is awesome. I started laughing loudly when I read this and my entire office had to see what was so funny. It's gonna be rough, but I know you can do it!